I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, February 18, 2013

~ A Wrecked Life ~

Well, it's 2:00 in the morning and I am still wide awake. For any of you that know me well, you  understand that this is not normal for me. I am usually falling asleep before my head actually hits the pillow at dusk.  I am not the "night owl" and this so out of my realm of norm. This could be for a couple of reasons. First, it could be from the massive amounts of medications I am currently on to knock out the bronchitis, sinus infection, fluid on the ears, and whatever else is going on. Mainly because of the prednisone, I assume. OR, my second guess could be from the fact that I have spent most of this entire weekend at the feet of my Jesus immersed in His Word and I am so totally in love with him that I am ready to shout it from the rooftop. Of course, that may awaken the neighborhood and earn me a night with Burgaw's finest in the Pender County Jail, so I will contain my excitement and just type very loudly on my iPad! 

I have to admit that Jesus has totally wrecked my life and I am HIS! I am a woman in love with her God and have spent so much time feasting on his Word this weekend to invigorate my malnourished soul that he has overwhelmed me yet again! It was a trying week for me but God is always faithful! He quenches my thirst and satisfies every longing of my heart. Always! He is amazing God!

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
John 6:35 (NIV84)

As I've shared before, I was in a valley not so long ago. I walked through that dark valley for a year and a half with mountains all around me that seemed insurmountable. But it was in the midst of that valley that the most amazing thing happened! God turned my life upside down and I experienced Him as never before. That's right! He wrecked it! You cannot actively seek him without finding him. You cannot pour out your soul to the One who created you and not be changed. You cannot ask him to show up and think your life will be the same. It just cannot happen! He showed up, my dear friend, and then he put the pieces of my life back together in only a way that he could.  Things that I used to enjoy such as movies, books, and hobbies, just don't satisfy me any longer the way spending time with him stirs my soul.  Waking up awaiting opportunities to serve him and showing the love of Christ to others consumes me. Taking every moment to share with my kids the glory of God around us is exhilarating! Sharing amazing moments of God's divine appointments with my husband at the end of the day leaves me in tears and utterly speechless. You see, he has wrecked my life! 

"God  made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to  God 's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step.  God  rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:20-24 (MSG)

Nothing this world has to offer will ever be good enough for me anymore than walking in his will. Everyday is a new adventure to serve him more, love him more, and praise him more! I never want to be complacent in my walk with him! He deserves my ALL! Nothing less is acceptable. It's all or nothing!

Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you  turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left."
Isaiah 30:21 (NKJV)

 Oh precious Father, I am content in you. I am content to live this wrecked life because it's ALL about YOU! I am so in love with you! 

So, what do you do with this information? There are those of you out there in cyber world awake and pondering that very question. There are those of you in your own dark valley and awaiting God's presence to hurdle you over the mountain. But let me just say that walking with God up the treacherous mountain as he strengthened me was far better than being hurled over only to forget the journey. So if you are there, grab hold of his hand and go! Allow God to wreck your life! Join me in the adventure of following God wherever that may lead. Don't give in to the comfort around you, the safety of your environment. Follow Christ through the radical life he has called us to live and find real satisfaction and real contentment. Hallelujah! 

"I have experienced times of need and times of abundance. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of contentment,  whether I go satisfied or hungry, have plenty or nothing.  I am able to do all things through the one  who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:12-13 (NET)

I am praying for you! You know who you are. God is working and chiseling this masterpiece called YOU! Just hold on!






No comments:

Post a Comment