I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve!

Sitting here this morning by my Christmas tree drinking coffee and reading scripture!

It's a little different this morning. The lights on the tree will be kept off because of the heat they set off and the fact that it's already 75 degrees and rising and oh, our A/C decided to quit yesterday. Why not?!?! It's Christmas and record breaking temperatures are on tap so why not have the A/C break now? Lol!

Well, I'm sitting here now trying to regain my focus. Sure the attitude wants to turn sour and I would like to have a pity party over our current situation but then I slap myself out of it and pour my face into scripture and pray for God to create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)

Yes, a bump in the road at Christmas but as I look around, I'm reminded of the blessings that far outweigh any burdens. I see my wonderful husband and amazing kiddos and as I read through the Christmas story I am in awe again of a God that would put on flesh and walk the dark road of this world to be my Savior...because of His great love for me! That reality is so much better to dwell on than the uncomfortable temperatures in my home this Christmas Eve morning. It's a sobering reality and one I needed this day!

So today, I'll keep directing my heart and mind to those precious thoughts every time my mind wants to turn negative over the heat and I'll bow my head in thanksgiving for all the blessings God has allowed me even when I'm not very deserving! There is so much more than my current situation, this tiny bump in the road, and I don't want to miss a single thing that God has for me this Christmas!

Maybe you're struggling today too with your current situation. Maybe it's big, much bigger than my non-working A/C, or maybe it's just little frustrations of holiday craziness. Let me pray for you and remind you that God loves YOU! He is for YOU! He sent His Son to this earth for YOU! Amazing isn't it?

Let's focus on that incredible love together and let our hearts be renewed in His Word!

It's Christmas Eve!

Immanuel...God with US!

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.”
Matthew 1:21 (KJV)

“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”)
Matthew 1:23 (NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment