I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Blessed is she who believed...

Sitting here by my Christmas tree this morning reading the Word! Oh, how I love reading passages of the Christmas story and allowing the Lord to reveal himself afresh to me! Every time I open this precious Book, it comes alive in a new way. I never want to be stagnant to His Word and I pray my heart stays soft to receive all He has for me!

This morning I can't help but focus on Mary's song of praise as she is greeted by Elizabeth. These two amazing women of Christmas both with child and not by traditional means but by true miraculous conception by the Lord Almighty.
Mary has received news that she is with child....the Messiah! (Luke 1:26-37) And as the angel departs with a bold promise, she make this profession:

“For nothing will be impossible with God.” And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.”
Luke 1:37-38 (ESV)

So, Mary sets out on a journey. Elizabeth is in her 6th month of pregnancy with John the Baptist and Mary comes to her door. No notice, no warning but look what happens when they see each other:

“At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?”
Luke 1:39-43 (NIV)

Elizabeth is filled with the Spirit at the sound of Mary's voice and recognizes that this young girl is carrying her Lord! That is truly the work of God! She encourages Mary, which I love! She is her mentor and helps her see why the Lord would choose her!

“Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Luke 1:45 (NIV)

Did you see that?

She is blessed because she believed God would do what he said he would do!
Hallelujah!

Mary's response is that of a true humble servant and woman of God and her words speak to the depths of my soul this morning.

~ Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed. For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me. He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him. His mighty arm has done tremendous things! He has scattered the proud and haughty ones. He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands. He has helped his servant Israel and remembered to be merciful. For he made this promise to our ancestors, to Abraham and his children forever.” ~
Luke 1:44-55 (NLT)

What a beautiful example! Her focus...her attention is not on her circumstances but on what God has done and will do!

Our circumstances don't define us. Our trust in and response to God in the midst of them are what set us apart. My prayer is to be a Mary. To always believe God will do what He says He will do with His praise always on my lips and my trust always on HIM!


Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word and thank you for your promises! May I be found faithful because of my belief in YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment