I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Has Sprung!

Well, spring has officially sprung! Of course today feels like winter but according to the calendar, it is spring and warmer days are ahead! Spring is gorgeous here in our coastal town and I look forward to many amazing days! I love springtime because of all the beautiful flowers blooming and green grass appearing. The brown and dead of winter gives way to the bright and colorful of spring!

As I sat during my quiet time thinking of all the beautiful weather we will be having and all the colors of spring we are about to enjoy, there were some deeper questions mulling around in my soul. Questions I need to answer in a heavenly perspective instead of my earthly mindset. Heart questions that go to the throne of my Savior!
As flowers begin to bloom and new growth appears around creation, my soul longs for God to bring about new growth in me. I desire for God to take away the old, brown, dry, and dead of winter and do a new work in my life. I want to bloom right where He has planted me. Only He can truly bring about new growth in me but I need to prepare my soil for this new growth. I need to till this soil by repenting daily of sins and turning from them. I need to water this soil by drinking from the Living Water and feasting on God's Word as seeds are planted. Then, as the soil is carefully nourished and the Son shines down, buds of new growth will take place. Buds that will bloom and grow into a beautiful array of colors with a fragrance that is a pleasing aroma to my Savior and declares His glory all around! That is my desire! Spring in my soul!

Oh, precious Father, that is my desire! Grow me into the woman you want me to be. May my life bloom and grow into a beautiful array of colorful flowers whose fragrance is pleasing to YOU! Lord, may others not see me, but see YOU in me and let the aroma draw them into YOUR loving arms as they seek new growth from YOU. Hallelujah!

"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."
Psalms 51:7 (NLT)

"Let us strive to know the Lord. His appearance is as sure as the dawn. He will come to us like the rain, like the spring showers that water the land."
Hosea 6:3 (HCSB)

"Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God."

Ephesians 5:1-2 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment