I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, August 2, 2013

~ Morning Prayer Walk & Starbucks ~


A morning prayer walk & Starbucks to begin a day of planning for our new year of Faith Christian Academy!

God never ceases to amaze me, when I'm feeling inadequate, to remind me that if He has called me to it, then He will equip me through it.




"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

In all honesty, I'm so excited about our new year of homeschooling! We have prayed through our decision and know that's what we are called to do. Scary as it seems sometimes but God is so faithful to whisper sweet encouragement to us.

We began our homeschool prayer & planning retreat yesterday at a teacher store here in Myrtle Beach. What fun! Callie's was in awe when she walked in! That is every 12-year-old girl's dream store if she loves to play school at home. Chalk, notepads, stickers, stamps, posters, etc...everything imaginable. Haha!
We found a new great math game for Caleb and Callie is so excited about stepping up a little more in helping him this year. Ben too is ready for the task of tutoring Callie through Pre-Algebra. (Which I am extremely happy about!)

You know, many times my feelings of inadequacy have come from our very untraditional approach to homeschooling since I still work part time. But then the days come when God sends those priceless reminders of His grace that sees us through. When I drop the kids off at my mom's in the early morning and she greets them at the door, coffee in hand, with a big smile and hug, ready to oversee their day, that's a reminder. When Caleb shares his excitement as he was able to read several pages better with Granny that day than the day before, that's a reminder. When Callie tells me how she kept Caleb on task and learned a new recipe from helping Granny, that's a reminder. When Ben pitches in and helps the other two stay organized and drives he & Callie to WCA for their afternoon classes, that's a reminder. When I get to share time with them after work going over their day and preparing for the next, that's a reminder!

It's in those moments when I bow my head and praise God for this new adventure! Though I don't have all the answers, He reminds me that I'm not supposed to....He does and I just need to trust Him to guide me. There will be times of tweaking things that don't necessarily work like we hoped or things that will just flat out bust sometimes but God will pick me up and redirect our path. Life lessons are inevitable and I thank him for it!

Since we began the homeschool adventure last January, I've been more blessed by my kids than ever. They have worked hard and helped each other, they have shared many precious hours with their Granny learning lessons that they could never get in any school, and we have grown so much as a family.

Today, I'm so thankful! I praise God for the journey, the failures and successes to come, and the lessons we will learn all along the way!

To God be the glory!

"You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance."
Psalms 65:11 (NKJV)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment