I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, August 9, 2013

~ Following God's Well Planned Day ~


So, this week I have really tried to take some time off work before summer is officially over and the school bells begin to ring again. I only went in to the office twice and one of those times was for only 45 minutes. Though my email, phone, and texts are still "blowing up" at all times of the day and night, at least I've been able to handle those from my home. Lol! I've tried to sleep in late (you know 6:30-7:00), manage our business at home, and spend some time with my kids. It actually has turned into a very busy week! Haha!

I sit here on my quiet front porch this morning, blessed beyond measure. Beginning my day, every day, with my Lord is a necessity! His Word keeps me grounded, our conversation keeps me centered on Him, and His undivided attention is what this girl needs! Sweet time with my Daddy!

Today, I move forward in His strength and finish our planning and prep for our new school year. Ben and Callie scheduled their part time classes at WCA on Wednesday and I did the "meet and greet" mom's meeting for their online English class yesterday. I'm so excited about this year! Though we are not, by any means, "traditional", we will keep our eyes on Christ as the leader of this family. We answer to Him, follow His lead, and we give Him praise!

"But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15b (NLT)

Please keep us in your prayers! First of all, that all we do will be honoring before the Lord. That is our heart's cry. And also that we will continue to seek The Lord in each area of our lives, home, school, and work! God has given us direction and we intend to follow it. Though it won't be easy at times and trials will emerge, we will trek on in His goodness and grace.

A verse that has been on my heart this summer is this:

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)

Lord, keep my ears open to hear your voice and give me the strength and courage to walk in your truth! Always and forevermore! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment