I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, August 16, 2013

~ Loving the Cooler Weather ~


Enjoying this amazing weather on my front porch this morning! I even had to put my fuzzy slippers on my feet because of the cooler temperature. Now, that is not a complaint at all. I am a cooler weather kind of girl. Yes, I know, I live at the beach, and yes, it gets ridiculously hot here in the summer. But I don't care for that. When you walk out the door freshly groomed in the early morning hours and your makeup immediately begins to melt off your face and your hair has to have several anti-humidity products in it just to try and combat the 100% humidity, well...that's not what I call FUN. Lol!

I love these temperatures that we are experiencing this morning! It's pleasant!

This morning I sit and read the pages of my favorite book and praise God for His presence and purpose!

Over and over again this summer, I have seen his incredible attention to every detail of my life, both personally and professionally. He doesn't just give me direction and let me go, He carefully guides me by the hand and comforts me every step of the way. He is amazing God!

I can honestly say that I don't have it all together and many days I am a total mess. But my God, my Abba Father, takes this girl, with all her mess, and picks her up, hugs her tightly, and begins to turn her mess into a beautiful message of His divine sovereignty and grace. O, how I love my Father!

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."
Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)

I praise Him today! I praise Him for the messy! I praise Him in times of waiting! I praise Him for his constant presence! I praise Him for his amazing grace!

Today, I make the final preparations to begin our first full year of homeschooling on Monday at Faith Christian Academy. It is truly a walk of faith! I am excited! The butterflies are fluttering around in my stomach! I anticipate great things from our God this year! I look forward to more time with my children, even while working part time. I look forward to life skills they will learn. I look forward to seeing them grow academically. I look forward to our times together in the Word! We will walk in faith!

Will there be bumps along the way? Of this I am certain! But we keep our eyes not on the rocky terrain but on the One who will carry us through.

"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."
1 Chronicles 16:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment