I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, November 24, 2011

~ A Heart of Thanksgiving ~

Psalm 100

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”

I sit here this morning in the quietness of my home praising my God with a heart overflowing with thanksgiving! The turkey is in the oven, the family is still asleep, and I look around my home and thank God for all he has blessed me with. I am not just speaking of material things. I am grateful first of all for my salvation. I cannot even begin to express my thankfulness to my Heavenly Father for taking this wretched sinner and dying for me, marking my life “paid in full”. That is the basis for my life here on this earth. I am here to bring glory and honor to my Savior! In his grace and mercy he has granted me so many blessings.

I am beyond thankful for the precious souls that are still sleeping upstairs right this very minute! Matt is my best friend and love of my life! Almost 20 years into our marriage and he is still (and will always be) the “one”! I praise God that he crossed our paths on that hot summer day at Chick-fil-A on July 21, 1989, when I started my first job. That turned out to be the day I met my husband!

Ben, Callie, and Caleb are the smile on my face and the joy in my heart! Each one is so different but so very special! I look into their beautiful eyes and praise God that he allowed me to be their mom. What a humbling moment! They are wonderful kids that are a joy to raise and I love watching them grow!

I am thankful for my extended family! It is rare that you have a family where everyone gets along, but that is my family! Thank you Lord for these special people in my life!

I am thankful that I can go to work everyday and not only have means for provision, but also to be surrounded by godly women (sisters) who love the Lord and “have my back”! What a treasure each of those women are! Seeing 180 children everyday is also a bonus of my job! Children are a blessing!

I am thankful for Matt’s job! His job is tough and takes him away from home many times, but praise God he is able to work and provide. I am proud of him and his integrity and work ethic! He is a wonderful provider! Thank you Lord!

I am thankful for my church! What a blessing to be able to worship in a church where the Word is preached and worship is raised for our Lord! It is God’s house to grow and learn! I am so blessed by our wonderful pastors and their leadership and our church family!

I am thankful for my home! It is not a mansion with a pool or maid, and to some it may just be a house with four walls just like everyone else, but this is my home filled with love, laughter, and joy! A place where there is safety, warmth, and praise to Almighty God! I love my home and all that dwells here!

I could go on and on in thanksgiving and I know my heart will be overflowing with that all day, but for now I will stop and spend time in prayer to my wonderful Lord for all that he is and all that he will be! I pray that your day is filled with blessings. It has been a difficult year for so many, me included, but when it comes right down to it, the blessings will always out weigh the trials because we serve an awesome God! Give him your praise today! He is so worthy!

“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment