I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, November 19, 2011

~ The Beautiful Word of God ~

What a beautiful Saturday morning! Cool and crisp and the sun is shining brightly! As soon as I came downstairs this morning with my big comfy robe on, I could already feel that warm cup of coffee in my hand. Does anyone else know that excitement like I do? Can I get an “amen”? Cool mornings, hot coffee and the Word of God! Okay I am about to shout “Hallelujah!” but I am afraid I am going to wake up the family.

I just can’t even explain how exciting the Word of God is! Over the last couple of months, my time in the Word has been more extensive and in-depth than ever before. I find that all I want to do is sit and read more and more but of course I do have other responsibilities like work, children, house cleaning etc, etc. I was sitting at the kitchen table yesterday morning with my sweet Callie and I was reading the scriptures as she sat beside me writing a new story. Verses I was reading, I have read many times in my life, but how they jumped off those pages in a new way! God is so awesome to take these Scriptures and show me something new. I shared with Callie my excitement and how the Word of God is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12)! She joined me in my excitement that morning and I told her that I would just love to sit here all day and read more and she just matter-of-factly said, “well, then do it mom.” Oh, how I love that precious girl! She is a girl after my heart! I did have to get to work yesterday but I will say that I couldn’t wait to retreat back to the Word at the next chance I could get!

As I sit here this morning, reading and soaking it in and it occurred to me that there are many out there that don’t take advantage of this beautiful book and all the knowledge and life in there. I was one of those people for a long time in my life. Sure, I would take it to church and do my devotions and Bible study, but never really grasped the value of this book. My dear friends, we have been given direct access to our Heavenly Father through prayer and also his words to us. This precious book is the inspired, infallible Word of God!

Okay, now do I have your attention? This book is the living, breathing, words of Almighty God! I challenge you to go pick it up and begin reading it in a new way. There is much power there to equip us to do his will. We are in tumultuous times, and his word is there for us to overcome the evil one. As children of God, this is our gift! His word lives in us and we have the authority of God to use it against evil! Wow! We need to continue to grow at each point in our lives and his word is our source of growth.

I love how John writes to believers and expresses the growth at all points of life through the word of God in us.

I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name. I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. 
I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. 
I write to you, dear children, because you have known the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. 
I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one.”

1 John 2:12-14

I share with you my excitement because I want you to experience God’s word in a new way as I have. When you commit to studying his word, not just reading it, then it infiltrates you to a whole new level! He will show you things in a new way and you will be able to face trials and tribulations armed with the greatest weapon available!

I pray as you finish reading this that you go open your Bible and begin a new commitment to God to dig into his word. I share this with you because I know the mighty, transforming power in this book and there is joy unexplainable! Please share with me the new journey through God’s word that you experience. I would love to hear what God is doing in your life through his magnificent word!

Have a beautiful Saturday and enjoy his Word!

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment