I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Saturday, October 22, 2011

~ Walking in Obedience ~

My post today will be a short one. Yes, I know I can get very lengthy when I speak about my Lord but today, will be short!

I am up early this morning because the Lord whispered sweet promptings in my ear to get up and spend time with him. I am so glad he did! What beautiful time in his Word! Time with him is such a special gift and one that I do not take lightly! My Savior wants to spend one-on-one time with me! How awesome is that? This is time to be quiet and listen, time to give him praise, time to heed his direction, and time to worship Almighty God! Hallelujah!

As he guides and directs our lives are we completely sold out for him? Are we giving in to the “practical” because we fear that people will talk about us or not understand? Or do we really focus on the obedience that God calls us to and only seek approval from our Master? Well, this is not always easy and takes great boldness and courage! When God calls and directs your life in ways that you don’t even understand yet, be bold and say “yes” to him no matter what others may say, no matter how it “looks”. God’s approval is the only thing that matters! When we say, “yes” to God, he works out the details and he is in control! Our lives belong to him to do his will and complete his work!

There are so many people in scripture that chose to obey God even when others questioned their behavior, but they stood firm in God’s calling. Their lives were of great significance because of their obedience to their Lord. Think about Abraham when he was told to sacrifice his own son, but God provided a lamb (Genesis 22), think about Noah when he was told to build an ark and God spared he and his family in the flood (Genesis 6-8). The list could go on and on, but when God speaks, we are to obey no matter the circumstance and have faith that God will complete his work in you!

Genesis 6:22 “Noah did everything just as God commanded him.”

Genesis 22: 3 “Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey…”

Both accounts, they did not question, they did not complain, they OBEDYED even when it did not all make sense, they had faith in their God! Amen!

I want my life to reflect that same obedience to my God! I will obey and look to God for approval, not from man!

Galatians 1:10 “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

Romans 12:2 “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Okay, so my post was not as short as I had promised, I apologize. Lol! I told you when I start talking about my Lord I can go on and on! He is my LIFE!

My prayer is that we all walk in obedience to God and not be concerned with what others think or say. It’s not about us (or them); it’s all about HIM!

Have a beautiful, obedience filled day!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment