I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, October 24, 2011

Time With My Lord

So here I am, up again at 4:30 prompted to spend time with my Lord. When God whispers his loving voice in my ear, I count it an honor to get up and spend this time with him!

Do you long to spend time with God? Does your soul thirst for the only thing that can truly satisfy?

Oh, sweet friend, my alone time with God is not a choice, it is a necessity! The more time I spend with him, the more I desire! There are so many things and obstacles that can hinder our time with God but can we really afford to miss those precious opportunities? Being in the presence of God is such a gift! When I am there, I cannot imagine being anywhere else! There is that deep longing to be in his presence and heed his Word! That is where true living is! He is the One that satisfies the soul! He is the One that brings comfort! He is the One that loves like no other! He is the One that offers protection!

David, alone in the Desert of Judah, records this prayer to God recounting his loneliness but also his confirming the One who can truly satisfy.

Psalm 63

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; 
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, 
in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, 
my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; 
with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God’s name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.”

David recognized what truly satisfied his soul! Where are you searching today for satisfaction? No matter what you may be going through, cry out to God and cling to him for comfort. Time with him is priceless and there is peace and comfort in the presence of God! Whether it is at 4:30 in the morning or at 12:00 in the afternoon, He is worthy of all that we have! I thank him for spending time with me and showing me more in his Word! He is amazing God!

My prayer of praise for today is:

Psalm 63:3-4 “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.”

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment