I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ingredients

I love to cook! It is something Callie and I enjoy doing together. We like to watch cooking shows and try to recreate some of those yummy dishes and also try to make some of those dishes even healthier. I am fascinated by great chefs and their abilities to take just about any ingredient and make a masterpiece that will just melt in your mouth. Last spring I had the awesome opportunity to join my mom & sisters in Atlanta for a Food Network weekend. We had a great time and were able to see some famous chefs and hear some of their cooking secrets. We sampled their cuisines and were blown away by some of the simplicity in those dishes. What we learned was that is wasn’t about making difficult dishes, but taking flavorful ingredients and combining them together to produce a winning combination; a dish that brings comfort, satisfaction and “happy taste buds”. It was a lot of fun!

As I thought about that simple concept, it made me stop and think about our own lives as Christians. What ingredients does it take to make our lives pleasing to our Lord? We all know that what goes in is what will eventually come out right? God’s Word says:

Galatians 6:7-8 “…A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

If we planted potatoes, we would not expect to grow carrots; we would expect to see potatoes. The same is true for our selves. If we put things into our minds and bodies that are not pleasing to our God, then we are not going to produce characters, actions, and ministries that are glorifying to him. But on the other hand; if we ingest those things that are of God such as; his Word, godly conversations, music that praises and edifies, and many others, then we put together a recipe that can produce a soul-satisfying, God-honoring masterpiece that can make a difference in the Kingdom of God. That’s right; it is all about the ingredients! As I have discovered, the ingredients we put in these marvelous temples God has given us is up to us. Do we want to live flavor-filled lives that are honoring to our Creator or do we want to fill our temples with ingredients that are full of bacteria and mold that will not produce something that is edible?

Proverbs 15:14 “The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.”

I want a life that is full of flavor and is pleasing to my God! I want to fill my temple with ingredients that produce a delectable dish at my Master’s table. All that I am is only for him!

I pray that everyone has a flavor-filled week and enjoy a tasty treat of God’s Word!

Blessings~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment