I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trip of a Lifetime

A couple of years ago, my sister took me on the most fabulous trip…to the Mall of America! To some of you who don’t know there is such a place (which would totally surprise me), it is a huge mall in Minneapolis, MN where people from all over the world come for 4 stories of shops and to play in the large amusement park right inside the mall. It represents what America is about, big and grand! That is why it was deemed “The Mall of America”. It is spectacular! My sisters & I love to shop, I know you find that difficult to believe, and it was a dream of ours to go to this mecca of shopping malls.

Well, two years ago I was just reaching my goal of losing weight and after 93 pounds lost, needless to say, I needed some new clothes. My sister, Stephanie, so graciously offered to treat me and my other sister on a celebratory trip for a complete make over to this shopping sanctuary! So here we go 3 girls heading to a destination that was before, only in our dreams, but now, becoming reality! On the plane we endured lots of turbulence but we just kept the vision of big red clearance signs and lots of packages in our sights. As the plane safely landed our anticipation was growing! Excitement was all around! We boarded the shuttle to the hotel, which was conveniently located right across the street, dropped our luggage off in the room and headed out the door. We could have taken another shuttle but it was taking too long so we walked across ourselves. The closer we got, the bigger and more inspiring the large “Mall of America” sign got. Before we entered the door for the first time, we had to pause in a moment of silence and take in the reality of the moment!

Inside the door, we almost couldn’t speak! For those of you who love to shop, you know what I’m speaking of here. We rented our “buggy” and headed down the first floor. Oh, the fun we had! Giggling and taking pictures as we made our first purchases and trying not to scare others around with our excitement! We had a blast! For 4 days we shopped open to close and only took quick breaks to rehydrate and get some nourishment! We were serious shoppers! At the end of every day, we hopped on the shuttle with this sweet little old man that chauffeured us back to the hotel and we would get lots of funny looks at all our packages. So much fun! We took our treasures from that day and lay them out on the bed to marvel and then we would scope out the next day’s itinerary! My sister even took us to a wonderful salon to be pampered and get a fresh new look! We truly were in a shopper’s heaven. When I returned home and shared my experience with others, someone made the comment to me, “This was a trip of a lifetime!” and I agreed with that statement! The other day I was talking with my sister as we are planning our next adventure, and we were again reminiscing about that amazing trip. But that statement kept going through my head, and the Lord so sweetly reminded me of the true trip of a lifetime that is available to all….Heaven!

I have always been humbled by my sister’s generosity in treating me to that extravagant trip. She spent so much money in making that trip special for us all and she did it because she loved us. My Savior reminded me of a trip that I will take that he paid the ultimate price for, his life. There is a place that will mark our final destination, one that will be a trip like none other we have taken before. Is so beautifully described in Revelation 21! I can hardly wait to stand in the presence of my Savior! As awe inspiring it was to be at the door of the mall that cannot even remotely compare to one day standing at the pearly gates ready to enter and be with my Creator for all eternity!

What is the cost for this trip…FREE! When my Jesus died on the cross and shed his blood for me, he marked this trip “Paid in Full”. All we have to do is accept his free gift of salvation!

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

My Heavenly Father, I am in awe of you! You paid the price, your life, for me! So unworthy am I, but you have marked me “Paid in Full.” I love you!

There are many around us that have not accepted this free gift. So many souls that will make their final trip one day, but it will not be the destination that is waiting for the redeemed. There’s will be a destination of sadness and pain for all eternity. This week may we be the ones that share with those that are lost that there is hope in Christ! That they too can have the “trip of a lifetime”, spending all eternity in glorious splendor with their Creator!

Blessings to you & may you anticipate your “trip of a lifetime” this week!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment