I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Friday, October 22, 2010

Seasons of Change

Well it is officially “autumn”! Yes, I know, sometimes the weather still feels a bit to hot for the autumn season, but according to the calendar, fall has come! This is probably my favorite season. I love the cooler temperatures after such blistering hot days and I love to see the colors change. When the weather starts to turn cooler, our family calls in the “snuggle weather”. Well, Ben, my teenager has grown out of the “snuggle weather” but my other 2 kids still love to snuggle and, of course, I love to snuggle with my hubby! I spent the first 9 years of my life growing up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and I would see the leaves all across the mountains changing from green to a variety of fall colors. Absolutely breathtaking and something I still long to see every year!

When this season rolls around every year, I have to stop and just “awe” at my Savior because he is in control of the seasons and all the colors they behold! He can take that big beautiful tree full of green leaves and turn them into warm shades of brown, gold, and red and bring you to a new appreciation for the beauty of that tree. The same is true of us. Different seasons of our lives bring different colors. We are the same person, but seasons of change in our lives bring about different shades that are all still beautiful, just different. I can look into the eyes of my children and see the seasons of change they are going through. They are still my children, but they are changing just as God intended them to do and they are all still beautiful. It makes me appreciate them even more.

God intends for us to go through seasons of change. They are a time to let the old fall away and bring about colorful new opportunities for us to serve him more. A time for us to grow in Christ! We can have confidence in knowing God allows these changes, but he himself will never change. He is always the same.

Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

Allow God to take the beautiful leaves of your life and change them into the warm colors of autumn and see how your love for him becomes more vibrant! Experience the changing of seasons in your own life and expect heartfelt worship and deep content in our never-changing God!

Have a blessed weekend!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment