I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Maundy Thursday

Maundy Thursday...the day before Jesus' death when He shared Passover, the Last Supper, with his disciples, washed their feet as an act of humility and service, and gave them this command....

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:34-35 (NIV)

He knew his time had come to do the will of his Father and he took this beautiful moment to share what love and service is with his disciples. He took time to share hope and meaning. May we follow the example of service and humility of our Savior and obey his command to love God and others.

"Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him."
John 13:3-5 (NIV)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6 (NIV)


Read the story in John today and let's prepare our hearts and minds for Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment