I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, September 2, 2013

~ A Break from the Busyness ~


I’ve spent the last two days getting over this nasty summer yuck (thank God for antibiotics! Lol!) while enjoying my hubby being home, feasting on scripture for nourishment, being still before God as I hear His voice, and spending a lot of time in prayer and fellowship with my Amazing God!  I needed to break away from the busyness of the world to focus on my Abba Father.

Today, I look forward to being home with my family…all five of us (and Louie) and enjoying family time. It is so precious! I am going to cook a big breakfast, get our lesson plans done for the week, and watch my kids enjoy their dad. I will listen closer as Ben and Matt talk about the different fishing lures they are going to use to try and snag that big bass at the pond. I will watch more intently as Caleb shows his daddy his newest Lego creations with great pride. I will hold back the sentimental tears as Callie (aka daddy’s girl) enjoys being in her dad’s presence watching movies or whatever she has for them.  I will be more in the moment during our family dinnertime around the table as we laugh and share stories together.  I will hold Matt’s hand a little tighter and hug him a little closer because he’s home and there is such a security in his loving arms. I will stare at my sweet hubby again tonight as he sleeps because I am so thankful to God for the blessing of him.

And I will close my eyes tonight in awe and wonder of my God who placed our two hearts together all those years ago and blessed me with this beautiful family.

Yes, the busyness starts all over again tomorrow, but today, I nestle in the blessing of my family and praise God for all He is, all He has done, and all He will continue to do! It’s not about me….it’s ALL about HIM!

To God be ALL glory!

“Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen.
Psalm 72:19

No comments:

Post a Comment