I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

~ Summertime With God ~


A couple of months ago, the Lord placed on my heart a burden to do a summer Bible study with other women.  I did not know where, when, or how, but I knew God was leading me in that direction.  Being involved in many other ministries for the last decade, I have not been able to attend a ladies Bible study and felt as though it was time to get into the Word deeper with other sisters in Christ.  I was able to facilitate a couple at my church since February and what a joy that was!  So as I began praying about summertime, I knew that I wanted to stay in the Word and give other women an opportunity to do the same.

Don’t you love how God works out the details?  When you say, “yes” to him, he will work it all out.  I decided to step out in faith and start a study and now we are getting ready to begin next week with a class of 23… in a home!  God is so amazing!  This is a group of women that God brought together for a Divine appointment! It will be women from all walks of life, from newly married to widowed, from young to mature age, from different churches in our area, and from different circles of friends. The one common bond we will all have is a love for Jesus and the desire to grow closer to him through the study of his Word!

I look forward to seeing the amazing things God is going to teach us through his Word!  I ask you all to pray for this group of ladies as we begin our study of the book of James.  As we embark on this journey I pray that we grasp the need to not just “talk the talk”, but “walk the talk” and live the Christian life as God intends us to live.  May we surrender our lives to him and may this be the summer that is forever etched as a spiritual transformation of our souls!  We will give God all the glory and all the praise!


James 2:18
 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.”

Praying and anticipating,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment