I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Beautiful Bond of Sisters


“Mom, she’s touching me”, “Mom, tell her to get out of my room”. Well, these were a couple of the phrases that came out of our mouths as four sisters growing up together! If you have siblings you know exactly what I am talking about here! Ha-ha! I was the youngest in a family of five children with three sisters that were 4, 6, and 8 years older than me. Growing up I always admired my sisters. They were beautiful and so cool, but we weren’t best friends. I guess with the age difference they were in college or married by the time I started high school and we didn’t have a lot in common. We definitely had some crazy times in our home!

When I look at the relationship I have with my sisters now, it just warms my heart! God has truly blessed me with the most beautiful sisters inside and out! I just came back from a wonderful trip with two of my sisters and we had a great time laughing and cutting up together. To have that time away from the every day stresses and enjoy being together was such a priceless gift (throw some shopping in there and you can't go wrong, lol!)! I couldn’t help but think of how blessed I am to have them in my life. The older we get, the closer we become. My sisters, all three of them, have become the best friends I have ever had! Though God has taken us to many different places and paths, our bond remains so strong. I look at each one of my beautiful sisters and see their love of our God and the wonderful mothers they are and my soul is touched. I know that any second of the day I can call them up and they will be there for me. More importantly I know that my sisters are lifting me up in prayer and that is the best gift they could ever give me.

We have seen each other through a lot over the years. The loss of a child, cancer, parenting struggles, family moves, and many other obstacles, but we have stood by each other through it all. There have been many tears shed and lots of laughter shared but the times we talk about what God is doing in our lives and pray together are the most precious times of all. God is doing a mighty work in each of us and our lives are for his glory alone!

I am so thankful for these beautiful women in my life!

Amy, Stephanie, and Leslie, you inspire me! Thank you for being such godly examples in my life and encouraging me to remain obedient in the paths that God is leading me. I am honored to be your sister and your friend. I love you all!

Proverbs 31:29 “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment