I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Monday, May 8, 2017

Our Journey to Caleb 2007 - Day 6 "Gotcha Day Eve"


Our Journey to Caleb, May 8, 2007 - Gotcha Day Eve!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ni Hao!  Well it is our last and final post from Beijing and we are so excited to be traveling to Guangzhou today.  It is about 6:30 am here and Matt and I were sharing our thoughts about "Gotcha Day" tomorrow.  We are so overwhelmed with God's peace and grateful that He has given us this wonderful opportunity.  Thank you for your prayers.  We are definitely feeling every one of them.  We serve an awesome God and ultimately we want him glorified through our journey.  Please pray that Caleb will transition easily and that we will keep our focus on our God first and foremost.  Without him,  we are nothing.  It has been an incredible adventure, learning all about China.  Amy, the history that we are learning is great.  You would love it.  We will bring you back some things about their history.
Thank you again for all your kind words of encouragement.  Mia, Callie is missing you and your class too!  She has enjoyed reading your posts and sends her love.  Miss Scmigg and Miss Hostetter, the kids say "Ni Hao" to the class and that they are learning A LOT!  We miss you all, cousins, grandparents, friends!  We will see you all in about 11 days as a family of 5!
Well, we are signing off from Beijing, we will post tonight when we arrive in Guangzhou.  Please pray for safe travel and that all our luggage gets there at one time!
In His Mighty Hand,
Matt, Allison, Ben, and Callie (and tomorrow Caleb!)

(Part 2)

Well, we are finally here in Caleb's city!  We can hardly believe it!  It has been a long day but we are here.  The flight went well and all our luggage is here and accounted for.  The hotel is spectacular!  We are in a suite and it is beautiful.  The kids are in cots in the sitting room and there is a large master suite.  They even had a crib set up for Caleb.  Of course he is going to be too big for it, but it was a nice touch.  We did find out that we will not get our children till 4:00 tomorrow.  We were a little bummed about that but the Guangdong province only allows 30 adoptions a day and they scheduled us for 4:00 tomorrow.  So we are going to try to get a good night's sleep because we are extremely tired and tomorrow we will get everything unpacked and ready to meet our son!  Everyone is starting to get butterflies! 
Just knowing that this is the last night Caleb will sleep in that orphanage, the last night he goes to bed without a hug and kiss from mommy and daddy, the last morning he will wake up without someone telling him "I love you".  It is a very emotional time for us!  We can't wait to tuck him in tomorrow night, say prayers with him, tell him about Jesus for the first time in his sweet little life!  It is finally here!  Please pray!  Pray for him and this huge transition; pray for Ben and Callie as they welcome a new sibling; pray for Matt and me as we become parents for the third time; and pray that God will be glorified tomorrow in this union that he has been preparing our family for.
We love you all and can't wait to post pictures of our "gotcha" moment!
Goodnight from Guangzhou!
Matt, Allison, Ben, and Callie (tomorrow - Caleb!) 
McDonald's never tasted so good!


Maggie and Callie


2008 Olympic Mascots
Matt & Ben had a serious Big Mac attack!


Last night as a mom of 2!

The beautiful Asia International Hotel

Master suite with a crib!!

Callie settling into the hotel




No comments:

Post a Comment