I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, April 12, 2012

~ Coffee and the SON! ~


We were blessed to have had a very mild winter and an early spring! The weather here on the coast of NC has been absolutely amazing! After work several weeks ago, I had a ton of errands to run and not a lot of time before the kids were out of school; so, I took off on a mission. It wasn’t long before I sensed the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit to stop and spend some time in his Word (he does this quite often!). With the sun shining brightly and the gentle breeze blowing, I decided to grab a cup of coffee and spend that time sitting outside soaking in the SON! Oh, how wonderful! Refreshment for the body and the soul! I love those special times with just my Savior and me! I knew my errands were not getting done, but they would just have to wait! I had a Divine appointment with the Creator of the Universe! Now doesn’t that put things in perspective? Lol!

I had been sitting there reading and fellowshipping with the Lord for about forty-five minutes when I noticed a young mom strolling by with her little girl. The mom parked the stroller close by and her precious daughter hopped out and began drinking her special juice drink from the coffee shop and playing with her Cinderella doll. This beautiful little girl caught my attention because she was so articulate for her age. She reminded me so much of my Callie when she was little. The longer I sat there, the more burdened my heart became or this sweet girl’s mother. She just had a distant look and heavy shoulders. She tried to give her daughter attention and answer her every question, but she was struggling. I know the many burdens young mothers carry but something seemed different so I stopped and prayed for her. I continued on reading again just enjoying my special time, but I couldn’t get that young mother off my heart. I felt the Lord prompting me to go talk to her but still I sat there trying to get back into my study. Finally, after several minutes went by, I packed up my belongings and walked over and began to talk to them. I told the little girl how I loved her Cinderella doll and she began to tell me all kinds of cute 2-year-old stories. After we talked for a few minutes, I shared with this young mom that I prayed for her. She paused for a minute and then looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, “thank you”. It was as if that is exactly what she needed at that moment.

Proverbs 12:25 “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.”

I’m so grateful that God nudged me to stop what I was doing that day. All around us are people that need encouragement and prayer. I was honored that in the midst of my long “to-do” list, he called me to stop, study his Word, and minister to those around me that need to be lifted up and encouraged. It doesn’t always mean that we have to develop relationships with each and every person, but just being there with a kind word and a prayer sometimes can be all that is needed. I want to show the love of Christ to everyone! I’ve been on the receiving end of those unexpected prayers from strangers before and what a blessing straight from heaven! My coffee break turned into an amazing time with the SON! He is truly ALL that we need!

As you begin your weekend, I pray that you stay open to those around you that need a prayer and a kind word. Blessings will abound!

I John 4:7 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.”

For His Glory~

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment