I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Friends & Family Have Your Back!

This was written by my 10 year old daughter, Callie! I love the way she is having her own "teachable moments" with her Savior. She inspires me!

_________________________________________________

Friends and family will always have your back when you’re in tough times. A few years ago I broke my arm carrying my little brother Caleb, I tripped on the concrete and Caleb’s head fell on my arm. His head hit the concrete but he didn’t get a concussion. I had to put ice on my arm while tears were running down my face. It felt so bad.

The next day I went to Medac with my mom and brothers. I got a sling for my arm and it was terrible because school was starting soon. I was going in the 1st grade and my teacher was Mrs. Ramsey. She was so nice! My best friend Mia was also in my class. Mia gave be a stuffed bear that had a sling on its right arm like it and mine had BROWNIES taped to it!!! My first day of school with a broken arm was pretty good because I was with my best friends in the whole wide world GOD and Mia! God took care of me, Mia made me feel better the whole entire day! A few weeks later I had to have surgery to correct my arm. I was so nervous I couldn’t stop shaking.

Before I went into surgery, Pastor Jimmie and my family prayed with me that God would keep me safe. My mom wrote Psalm 23 on a piece of paper and I took that with me into surgery. My surgery lasted 2 full hours and everyone in my family was in the waiting room. But when I got out of surgery I was so, so tired because I took that sleeping medicine that I had to take. They had to wheel me out to the car in a wheelchair. That was my very first time in a wheelchair! I had 10 or 15 stitches and a pin in my arm.

When I got home my dad carried me upstairs and I went straight to sleep with my mom! A week later I got my stitches out and it hurt so bad. The pin didn’t hurt at all but the stitches hurt. I had to go to a place where they had to help me stretch my arm so I could get it to go straight. It worked after about a month. Then my arm got better but I felt happy because lots of people prayed for me!!!

After that whole experience I learned that friends and family always have your back and that God is always with me!

Hebrews 13:5 “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

By:

Callie E. Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment