I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Thursday, July 21, 2011

~ Laughter In the Air ~

I have really enjoyed spending lots of time with my kids this summer! We spent a fun ten days in Orlando, but most of our time has been right here at home just relishing in the comfort that is HOME! During the busyness of the school year (which we are NOT ready for yet), time at home is not as accessible so we are enjoying this precious time. One thing I have really treasured this summer is the sound of my children’s laughter. Wow! Though I have heard it many times, because we laugh a lot in this house, the joyful sounds of their laughter really are music to my ears. Each of my children’s laughter is very different but when I hear them, I praise God for it! Our family dinner times are a lot of fun! When I grew up in a family of five kids, dinner times were a hoot! I recall macaroni noodles being flicked off of forks seeing if they would stick to the ceilings and lots of laughter. Well, now the dinner table at my home is becoming the same special time (minus the macaroni noodles flying through the air!). We use that precious time to enjoy each other and laugh! It is not a time to see how much etiquette we have, though manners are important, but a time to enjoy each other and the uniqueness that makes us family!

Have you ever noticed when someone is laughing it begins to be contagious? I remember a YouTube video going around with a group of baby quadruplets lying on the bed with their mom just giggling and cackling. That is all it was but anyone who watched it found themselves laughing along. It was adorable! I have realized that people are so busy and stressed lately that they forget to laugh. We are in a day and age that is very difficult. It is hard to even cut on the television or radio without being bombarded with depressing news of where this world has gone. What I do know with all certainty is that God is in control! That in itself brings such comfort to my soul! During these uncertain times, we need to be more consistent with finding the blessings right in front of us. So many times we miss opportunities to celebrate and rejoice because we get wrapped up in the negative things in our paths. God’s Word says:

Psalm 118:24 “This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

Every day is a day to rejoice to the Maker and Giver of that day! Life is so precious! It truly is a gift from Almighty God and finding the blessings, make the day even sweeter. I have rediscovered three beautiful blessings this summer in a new way. That is my children’s laughter! Though it was there all along and I have always enjoyed it, I have listened with fresh ears and a renewed spirit! Priceless!

I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for alerting my spirit to many things this summer! Things that have been there all along but have a newness that is refreshing to my soul! I praise him for his mercies, which are new every day! I encourage you to rediscover laughter and enjoy the beauty of this life that God has blessed us with! Listen to your kids as they laugh and laugh along with them! Find ways to celebrate life! Life in Christ is worth living for and worth celebrating!

Psalm 96:11-12 “Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; 
let the sea resound, and all that is in it. Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment