I'm amazed at how my Savior can take any and every circumstance around me to show me more about him. My prayer has always been that this journey of life I'm on would continually bring honor and glory to him, so by using every opportunity; my mistakes, my successes, and my day-to-day adventures, he teaches me how to use it for his glory. This life he blessed me with is ALL about him! So, these are my thoughts, my heart cries, and my lessons from his glorious Word. These are the teachable moments from my Savior!

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Sunday, December 5, 2010

"What's My Plan?"

I love to have a plan! I have found that if I don’t have a plan, then life gets a little chaotic. So, with 3 kids, 2 jobs, a husband, cheerleading, ministries, and many other wonderful responsibilities, I have to be very organized and have a plan. Webster’s dictionary defines “plan” as this: “a method for achieving an end”. Pretty simple and exactly correct. We plan and organize in an attempt to achieve our goal. In the morning and again on our way home, we all go over our “game plan” as far as doing our school work, activities, & chores in an effort to make sure we don’t miss anything. We had returned home from school one day and everyone went about working their plans and Caleb came to me in the kitchen with a bewildered look on his face and said, “What’s my plan, mommy?” He was ready to complete the task but couldn’t quite remember the plan of action.

Well, there is nothing like “life” to get in there and reorganize our “plans”. Have you ever had one of those weeks where things were going along pretty smoothly and then there is a “bump” in the road? Well, you make it over the bump, and then there is a pot hole around the corner, so you make it through that, and then there is a sink hole straight ahead? Oh, yes, I have had those weeks and by the grace of God, I missed the sink hole! You know, nothing major, just plans thwarted. But for me, it threw me off my master plan. My very organized scheduling was thrown completely out of whack, but praise God that in my time of “reorganizing” he reminded me that he is the Master Planner of my life.

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

In the midst of my trials, God so sweetly whispered encouraging words in my ear and led me to cling to his Word. As organized as I try to be, God holds my plan and it is a plan that gives me hope and a future. It is good to have a plan and be organized in our daily lives, but we also need to realize that God is in control and he holds the future. We need to be grounded daily in his Word so that when plans get thwarted we can trust in him who holds the world in his hands. Pondering on this verse of Scripture has made me appreciate so many things this week. Through my little “adventure” down a wobbly path, God showed me how blessed I am to have such a wonderful, godly mother, how honored I am to have a husband that loves me and works so hard to provide for our family, children that bless my soul, jobs that don't feel like work, and most of all, a Savior who gave his life for me and loves me more than anything! Thank you sweet Lord!

Have a blessed week and remember to rely on God and ask him “What’s my plan, daddy?”


Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment